Harris B. Appelman
Phone: (860) 893-0558
Fax: (860) 367-8654
Attorney Harris B. Appelman has thirty years of experience as a lawyer. Mr. Appelman graduated the University of Houston Law Center with Law Review honors in 1986, and received his Bachelor’s Degree from Columbia College in New York City in 1983.
Having spent the early part of his career working as a litigation partner for a major regional Connecticut insurance and trial law firm, Mr. Appelman has experience representing large and small businesses, as well as individuals, in State and Federal court in law cases involving medical, scientific, factual and legal issues and investigations. He has obtained multi-million dollar recoveries for individual clients. Before joining the Upton Law Firm, he managed his own law practice advocating for individual clients and small businesses.
Attorney Appelman believes in achieving his clients’ carefully considered objectives in the most efficient and compassionate manner possible.
Areas of Practice
- Professional Malpractice, including legal, medical, and insurance agent/broker malpractice
- Insurance Litigation, including ERISA litigation
- Commercial Litigation, including Unfair Trade Practices litigation, Corporate and Banking Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- United States District Court
- University of Houston Law Center, JD, with honors
- Columbia College, BA
Associations and Memberships
- Halloran & Sage, LLP, Partner
- Hart School of Music Community Division (classical piano)
- United States Chess Federation – Chess Master
- West Hartford Jewish Federated Charities