It is a fact that over 90% of applications submitted by individuals attempting to handle their own claims for social security disability benefits get denied. The application process is complex and unforgiving and it is for these reasons that we do not recommend that you attempt it alone. The Upton Law Firm has experience protecting the rights of claimants seeking disability insurance benefits, supplemental security income, and attendant Medicare and Medicaid coverage before the Social Security Administration. We also support legislation, regulation, and agency policy designed to protect claimants’ rights to disability compensation and oppose legislation which adversely affects those rights.
A serious injury, disease or ailment can considerably limit your ability to work and carry on normal everyday activities. You deserve proper representation so you won’t be denied benefits. The Social Security Administration requires extensive paperwork and substantial medical documents and our lawyers can make this process easier for you. Your time is valuable, so let us do the worrying for you.
Types of Social Security Disability Claims:
- Spinal disorders, including herniated cervical or lumbar discs, spinal stenosis,arthritis, osteoporosis, compression fractures
- Depression, anxiety disorder, bi-polar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), ADHD, ADD, schizophrenia
- Cancer (breast, bone, lung, abdominal, liver, pancreatic, testicle, ovarian, colon, skin, mouth, prostate, kidney)
- Diabetes, obesity, neuropathy, retinopathy, thyroid diseases, peripheral vascular disease, high blood pressure
- Heart attacks, ischemic heart disease, angina, bypass surgery, congestive heart failure, enlarged heart, aneurysm, valve disease, heart transplant
- Stroke, seizure disorder (epilepsy), Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, myasthenia gravis, brain tumor, ALS, Alzheimer’s
- Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), HIV, AIDS
- Amputations, multiple fractures requiring surgery, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), chronic regional pain disorder (CRPS)
- Decreased vision or hearing, vertigo, tinnitus, stuttering
- Asthma, emphysema, asbestosis, sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, hepatitis, ascites, colitis, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, pancreatitis
- Kidney disease, anemia, leukemia, polycythemia, lymphoma, myeloma, sickle cell anemia
- Scleroderma, burns, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, melanoma
- Substance abuse, alcoholism, prescription painkiller addiction, personality disorders, mood disorders
The following conditions are considered as a pre-requisite for getting Social Security Benefits. If your situation matches any one of the following then contact our lawyers today:
- The applicant should not be gainfully employed
- The applicant should have severe impairment
- Such impairment should be continuous for the past 12 months or should expect to last that long or might result in death
- Such impairment may meet any one of the conditions that meet or equal in severity in one of the Social Security Administration’s listed impairments
- Such impairments should disable you from performing significant work.